Chief Technology Officer
The CTO is responsible for the strategy and security of all technology at Red Planet. The three main areas of focus are Infrastructure, Internal Applications, Consumer Applications.
The candidate should have foundational knowledge of computing technology, both hardware and software.
- Administering high-uptime redundant data centers.
- Administering infrastructure/end-user support and helpdesk teams.
- Opening hotels – designing the IT infrastructure of green/brown-field construction projects, through to RFPs/vendor selection and implementation.
- Ensuring Information Security throughout large organizations through a combination of hardware, software, training, and policies.
- Managing multi-site and multi-country annual budgets for all aspects of IT.
- Managing relationships with local and multinational vendors.
- Internal Applications
- Architecting, administering, and building enterprise application families such as the Windows Server/SQL/Azure stack as well as open-source stacks - LAMP on AWS and others.
- Managing development teams using Agile/Scrum.
- Select, deploy, and manage all third-party systems such as the PMS and RMS as well as managing relationships with all third-party providers.
- Consumer Applications
- Designing, building, and running consumer-facing platforms (websites, iOS/Android mobile apps) including the back-end tech infrastructure to UX/UI/Consumer data-analytics.
- Maintaining and enhancing native iOS and Android codebases and development teams.
- Working with in-house and third-party Content Management Systems – these systems currently power our Corporate and Consumer websites.
- Maintaining and enhancing Angular/React-based (or any modern framework) eCommerce consumer-facing websites.
- Preferably a master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Eight (8) years working in a technological role / ideally in the field of hospitality.
- 5 years of managerial experience.
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history with technology.
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to delegate efficiently.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.