The Director of IT position is a senior-level IT support position. This position will be the first point-of-contact for all IT-related issues. This position is responsible for the setup and maintenance of user workstations (Windows and macOS) as well as typical Microsoft Office/productivity applications (Dropbox, Skype etc).
In addition to user-facing workstations and applications, this position will also be responsible for the proactive maintenance of the server and network infrastructure at Red Planet headquarters as well as hotels within Thailand.
Finally, the IT Manager will be responsible for annual budgets as well as creating/updating policies, procedures and documentation for the smooth functioning of the Red Planet IT team.
- Cisco-based IP phone systems as well as open-source IP phone solutions
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 powered Active Directory (DNS/DHCP/IIS/File Sharing/GPO/WSUS)
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 SP1 and newer (hybrid setup with Office 365)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 upwards
- VMWare vSphere virtualization multi-server cluster with shared storage
- Symantec BackupExec / Veeam
- Mikrotik RouterOS
- Linux server configuration/maintenance
- Cloud platform experience – Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- First point of contact for all IT support issues
- Monitor and maintain servers and network infrastructure
- Setup and maintain user workstations
- Install and upgrade supported applications as needed (productivity, antivirus/security etc)
- Ensure various business services are running
- Write how-to documents, policies and procedures as needed
- Create and update annual budgets