We’re looking for a backend developer who has experience developing distributed and scalable applications to power a variety of internal and consumer-facing platforms. We are open to using different languages and frameworks, but our focus on long-term code maintenance means is mostly PHP right now. All our code is cloud-based (AWS), so knowledge of environment setup and deployment is necessary, as is scaling and monitoring.
Technical Skills/Experience Required
- PHP language for more than 3 years in production. Not to be confused with WordPress, Magento, or any other.
- Have been using one of these cool frameworks before. Laravel 4 or 5, Yii, CakePHP, CodeIgniter.
- You complement your code with a proper unit testing.
- Build APIs from scratch with the proper documentation and follow-up.
Nice to have
- Having developed a project or two in Golang is a plus.
- Experience using CI Tools such as Jenkins.
- Have deployed your code via any CI (Continuous Integration) tools that youimplemented.
- Optimizing server resources like CPU, memory, disk, and the network load.
- Design Patterns experience (Restful, microservices, etc).
- Develop RESTful JSON (and sometimes XML) based APIs to power internal and consumer-facing applications.
- Manage server infrastructure and resources needed for running the code.
- You will have to collaborate with both internal and external teams in order to provide API support, and they each have their own release schedule, so you’ll have to coordinate API releases to support them.
- Load test and proactively monitor and maintain the cloud infrastructure powering your applications.