ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER – JAPAN
With considerable number of projects in progress or planned to be occurred in a short period time, there has been increased demand for additional resources for Japan team to assist Project Director to fulfil the current growth plans as the primary factors driving the project success highlight the importance of having sufficient resources available at the beginning of the project, and until the project is complete. It has been very difficult to ensure that priority projects have the resources they need throughout their lifecycle hence the reason taking this into account the additional resource requirements for Japan team’s current and future commitments must be planned on the current and future projects to facilitate more detailed project management and control.
This will provide comprehensive support for matrix organizations looking to optimize Japan team’s use of scarce, high value resources, while ensuring key projects are delivered.
- Essential Job Functions
The Assistant Project Managers’ primary responsibility is to assist the Project Director and Superintendent on assigned projects. The position assists in the management of the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome. The Assistant Project Manager works under supervision, assists in management and/or coordination and gathers and distributes information to the Project Director. The Assistant Project Manager must be a flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong cost and time management, and communication skills.
- Assist in preparation and execution of project plans
- Organize, track, and maintain project related files, drawings, materials, and correspondence
- Assist with submitting, maintaining logs and estimating
- Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFIs
- Assist in management of project permit process
- Assist in preparations of bid packages and procurement
- Assist in managing construction schedule based on project team inputs
- Assists in administration of contractors.
- Assists in assembly of bid packages and solicitation of work.
- Assists in project scheduling.
- Assists in maintaining the project budget.
- Assists in all other aspects of the project.
- Attend and/or lead project meetings on assigned projects
- Deliver accurate and timely project status updates throughout all project phases; Report potential problems, work interferences, and scheduling difficulties to the Project Director and assist in circumventing/resolving such problems
- Regularly provide project reports, documentation, technical assistance and support
- Track project expenditures and cost accounting, including accuracy, approvals, and payment reporting
- Oversee and/or process day-to-day administrative items (i.e. expense reports, supply requisitions, budgets)
- Attend and participate in construction meetings at project site location, assist Project Director with meeting Minutes as needed
- Foster effective and positive business relationships with all parties throughout project phases
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work with Preconstruction on project estimate and schedule
- Contract administration and management
- Award subcontracts
- Minimum Requirements
- Educational and requirements include: Engineering, Construction Management or related associates degree or bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience with a minimum of five years Construction Management experience.
- Proven ability to assist with all responsibilities for building construction projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Ability to balance demand and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong work ethics
- The job will include work in the office and in the field. Travel to job sites should be expected.