FRONT OFFICE AGENT (FOA)
To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the reception and responsible for attending to the needs of guests, especially during check-in and check-out.
- Providing information to guests about Hotel policies, services and amenities.
- Register all incoming guests, making sure all pertinent information is obtained, identification checked, confirmation sheet is printed and signed by guest.
- Responding to requests from guests for assistance and information about the local area (e.g. directions, places to eat, etc.).
- Selling rooms to “walk-in” customers.
- Ensures the strict control of room keys.
- Reports “Lost and Found” items.
- Maintaining daily logs; daily reservation count for arrivals and departures.
- Prepares and document accurate shift and daily reports.
- Balancing shift work and cash drawers.
- Entering/changing reservation information on the computer system.
- Anticipates guests and hotel needs by constantly evaluating the hotel environment and guests for cues.
- Posting charges to guest accounts.
- Processing payments accurately from guests.
- Making necessary corrections to guest accounts.
- Supervise the housekeeping team and perform room quality checks.
- Informing housekeeping department about room status/availability.
- Ensures that the hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
- Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships
- Ensures that guest history records are accurately maintained and all repeat guests are pre-registered.
- Supports the implementation and demonstrating of the mission, values and culture of Red Planet Hotels.
- Delivers consistent Red Planet Experience and Red Planet Service to all guests at all times.
- Cleaning the front desk area
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace to enhance productivity.
- Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
- Works closely with other Front Office personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- Attends training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.